September 04, 2007

You

When I think I'm in my darkest, You remain here with me.
When I'm sitting alone bawling my eyes out and degrading myself, You held out Your arms to me.
When people think I am not who I am, You said, "Let vengeance be mine."
When I lose something precious, I never did lose You.
When inevitable disappointments reach, You said, "I'm your hope."

It is really through the downest downs that you see God, and appreciate that He is there at that time, but He actually is present all the time, knowing even the finest details.


Even when I publicly announce that the Lord is my Shepherd, have I only trusted Him with things that I want, but not the things He want? Do I really see Him as a Shepherd who will take care of me forever, who will care for me when He knows something is wrong?


I am ashamed.