Outlandish Teachings (QT)
There is no end to the "new" methods offered for success, self realisation, fufillment, understanding and happiness.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. So do not be swept off your course by all sorts of outlandish teachings; it is good that our souls should gain their strength from the grace of God.
Hebrews 13:8-9
Fixity of the heart is a rare thing and probably always has been. It is easier to follow after the world in its futile pursuit of happiness simply because we are the sheep and we go astray. to stay quietly by the Shepherd seems harder, but in the end we find there our soul's real strength.
Blaise Pascal wrote, "I have discovered that all the unhappiness of man arises from one single fact, that they cannot stay quietly in their own chamber."
If I try spending half an hour in a room alone, without music, without TV, without anything, would I be able to find any peace or happiness there? A big NO.
That's why it seems easier to stray away. But the deal is, no matter where I stray to, I am still within my Shepherd's boundary.
"Can't stay quietly in their own chamber"
How true. Same goes for women/daughters/princesses of God. Why can't we just wait quietly in our chamber for the prince to come? It was promised by the King that if we wait quietly, our prince will come. Yet, many times, princesses don't buy what the King promised; they decided to go search for their 'true love' and end up backfired, and will come running back to the King. Yet His promise still prevailed. How wonderful to know that I have a Father King who promised a man if only I wait quietly.
This is what I call a gentle and quiet spirit.
Daddy, give me that gentle and quiet spirit. I want to stay quietly in my own chamber.