June 26, 2007

No More of Me, Only You

I wrote this song when I was in my darkest moments, where I felt God's presence leave me because of this person, whom I allowed to take over God's place in my heart. It was so bad, that I even had sucidal thoughts like what's my point of living anyway? You know the terrible feeling when God's presence just don't seem to be there anymore? Even if there are friends beside me at that moment, nothing can replace just that one touch from Daddy.

Throughout this period where I'm far from God, I've felt useless and degraded by words and actions of people I loved, coming to a stage where I asked God, "Who am I?" I felt like I don't know who I am anymore.

But He whispered into my ear, "You are my precious daughter."

I realised. And I don't want this emptiness that was much more than I was a non Christian.
It's just.....terribly terrible. But my Daddy is always faithful! I can never EVER run out of His boundary, no matter how far I try to run, no matter how much I try to hide, in the end, I'll find myself still in His boundary of love.

How can I ever run, and hide?

I want to use my voice (even if its not very good) to worship Him and give Him my praises, telling Him He's the only One I want, the only One I love. I want to sing to others about my love for Daddy. He's so so so precious, more precious than any other treasure!

I won't say this route is going to be easy, but I really cannot take things into my own hands anymore, my Daddy has to step in and discipline me, He have to, if not, I'll be destroyed by satan. I don't want to hurt Daddy anymore.

Even as I see "afresh", its like ouch, but I'll move on.

Thank You Daddy, for being there.

No more of me, only You

It's been a year
And nothing's changed
Yet I feel my love for You has gone down the drain
Because of this guy
I lost the drive the survive
I'm not me anymore

I don't know who I am
I don't deserve Your love
I don't know who I am
I'm not me anymore

Jesus said:
"My daughter
For you I came and died
For Me now you shall live
Nothing else matters
'Cause the greatest Love is here
Run to Me,
And I'll be there
I'm giving you My word
Not to leave you.
Never to forsake you"

I want to say:
"No more of me, only You
No more of me, only You
Jesus, lesser of Me, more of You
Lesser of me, more of You
'Cause You are my God of embrace
And no one else can take Your place
You are my God
You are my God"

"My Father,
For me You came and died
For You now I shall live
Nothing else matters
Cause the greatest Love is here
Run to You and You'll be there
You'll be there."

© Weiwei 2007